The Banking Sector in Gibraltar is firmly established and provides its services to both the local and offshore market. By virtue of Gibraltar’s European Union membership and the notification procedure, banking institutions established in Gibraltar may then establish a branch elsewhere within the European Union. Likewise and by virtue of the same notification procedure, any bank established within a European Union State may establish a branch in Gibraltar.
As a regulated activity, banking institutions in Gibraltar are regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission. Banking institutions in Gibraltar are regulated on a wide array of matters, ranging from licensing and regulatory requirements to general day to day banking commerce.
The Financial Services Team at Triay & Triay can advise and assist in the set-up and licensing of banks in Gibraltar, in relation to all licensing and regulatory requirements under Gibraltar Law, any on-going regulatory or commercial issues, anti-money laundering requirements and general banking sector developments.
- Low corporate tax rate of 10%
- No exchange controls
- Excellent communications
- Gibraltar is a firmly established, prosperous and professional finance centre, with an efficient financial regulator, all the necessary supporting services and a stable government.
- European Union membership
- Common law legal system with English as the business language
- For further information please see the Gibraltar Government’s website.
If you would like to get in contact with any member of our Investment Funds Team please click the link below:
Our Reading Room
Click here to view our reading room
Meet Our People
Click here to meet the people in Triay & Triay
Contact Triay & Triay
Click here if you would like to contact us